It is not easy to choose lighting for fish tank but it is not difficult either. You just have to know what to look for , and that’s what we’re going to see.
How to choose lighting for fish tank?
Today, there is a wide variety of led light for fish tanks available in the market. It is normal that initially the LED lighting for aquariums is quite confusing. But if you know the right questions, it will not be a difficult road to travel. If you have doubts, you can consult aquarium lighting, our special on the subject of the use of light for aquariums. There is one thing that you have to have clear, not any led lamp for aquarium DOES NOT work for all types of tanks. You should also look if you want that elegant black light for fish tanks that is also called UV , or if in the mounting system you will prefer suction cups, whether it is clamp or any other installation mechanism.
It is crucial that you know if your species are fish of light , such as the so-called light bulb fish or if they prefer darker areas, if you want a marine environment , if it is freshwater and if you prefer white or yellow light . As you can see, buying an aquarium is not a song, but we will help you to make the best selection.
Size of the aquarium
The first thing you should keep in mind to select the best LED aquarium lighting is the size of your aquarium. Logically, depending on the size of the tank, the right type of LED will vary. The bigger the fish tank, the more amount of light it will need. If you have a very large aquarium, and you want to illuminate it in its entirety, you will need lighting for fish tank with LED whose light coverage is wide and its intensity is very widespread. When you go to buy an aquarium lamp, keep in mind the width of your aquarium. LED aquarium light lamps come in a variety of standard lengths. This is especially important when selecting a LED fish tank light that sits on top of the aquarium’s frame.
Type of plants in the tank
The type of plant life you have in your aquarium is the second factor, and very important. If your plants and corals are in their growth phase, you will need a different level of light intensity than you will need in other cycles of your life. The different types of plants have different light requirements, so there are different LEDs for planted aquariums. Therefore, you have to know how to choose an appropriate one for the plants of your aquarium.
Intensity and light spectrum for lighting for fish tank
Exploring in the market the different options of led lighting for aquarium, you will see that there is a wide range of intensities and spectra of colors to choose from. This is very useful when you have to provide optimal lighting levels for a wide range of plants. Also, when it is necessary to provide all of them with a variety of biological phases, or in the case of corals, with their specific living conditions! The different intensities and different colors of the led fish tank light are suitable for several plants and their individual growth phases.
Budget – lighting for fish tank
The last factor is the budget for lighting for fish tank. But there is no need to worry, since the price range of aquarium led lights on the market is huge. That’s why everyone can find what they need within their budget. The LED lights for aquariums provide wonderful and efficient functionality for your aquarium at a very affordable price. The best part is that the range of features and prices makes this excellent product available to everyone in a way that fits every budget.
Benefits lighting for fish tank:
If you ask yourself: What is good about LED lighting for aquariums? Continue reading because here we expose the main advantages of using LED in the aquarium.
Benefits of led lighting for aquarium
Let’s see now the benefits of the aquarium led lamp , and why you should use it to light up your aquarium. Here are some points that will help you understand why:
- These LED lamps for fish tanks use much less energy. They are extremely energy efficient, and will save around 30% in energy costs compared to traditional aquarium lighting.
- The lifespan of each LED for aquariums is quite high compared to the other available lighting systems. The LED aquarium lamp lasts at least 80,000 hours compared to 20,000 hours for fluorescent lamps. Because of this, LED aquarium lights are very profitable in the medium to long term.
- The LEDs for fish tanks do not waste energy in the form of heat, so they do not alter the temperature of the aquarium water.
- LED lights can be programmed to produce specific lighting for a marine tank, or for a freshwater aquarium.
- The LED lamps for aquariums and are easy to use, also are friendly to the environment. They do not produce toxic gases in the lighting process, which keeps the overall environment and aquarium environment clean.
- These LED aquarium lights have been manufactured water resistant and compact for a perfect use as an aquarium light.
- The LEDs for aquarium of good quality can produce light of different intensities and colors. This produces an optimal environment for growth in the aquarium, whatever its type and stage of growth.
- Some automatic LEDs also have the ability to find out the different growth phases of the plants in your aquarium. This fantastic LED lighting for aquarium can be adjusted accordingly, and produce required wavelength and color intensities.
- Several small LEDs are what make up the complete unit, therefore, there is no possibility that the entire device stops working at the same time.